Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crafting Again.

Yup.  It's that Therapy time a year, when my sanity lies in escaping the demands of work, housework and teenagers to bask in the sunshine of my happy place.  I have spent every night of my every day this past month creating some little thing.  I am trying new things and learning new things and even conquering my fear of the sewing machine.  But many of the things I have been working on are custom designed and hand sewn.  That is where the real escape lies.  That creative place where the picture in my mind comes to life.

I made this little baby seal the other day and put it on my Etsy store.  I love wool felt and plush felt.  It is such a durable, flexable and easy fabric to use.


I created hair clips that are really pretty in their simplicity.  I am growing out my hair from a very, very short style, so hair clips are a necessary item in keeping the hair clippers at bay. 








Dancing Ribbon Rings - rainbow I made ribbon runners for the kids at my chuch to give them when we have our picnic at the park.  And a crazy looking sock monster out of a lonely new sock that has already lost it's mate.  Oh, and silly looking Princess Leia buns as hair clips for my grandaughter, Elli.  I will have to get a photo of that one for sure.  It makes me laugh.

Well, yesterday, my youngest daughter turned into a teenager (Lord help us all).  My middle daughter is busy raising one of the happiest children I have ever seen, my first grandandaughter, Elli, who is 7 months old already (wow, time flies). My oldest daughter is pregnant with my second grandaughter (due in June).  My oldest son is a cowboy to the core and is in college studying horse production.  My younger son is so active in every sport known to mankind, he is impossible to keep up with.  Life remains crazy but filled with amazing love, miraculous blessings and moments of deep laughter.  What more could I hope for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment